Greensboro Personal Injury Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured through the negligence of another, it’s important that you speak to serious personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
Please fill out our form, or call us at 919-899-7200 and tell us what happened.
FREE Confidential Case Review
"*" indicates required fields
Greensboro Personal Injury Lawyers Who Seek Damages for Negligence
Accidents happen in the blink of an eye–sometimes it is your fault and sometimes it is due to someone else. Many people endure serious injuries in car accidents, in unsafe environments, or in medical malpractice situations every year. If you are injured in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, or if you’ve lost a loved one to a wrongful death, you may be eligible for compensation.
Personal injury attorney Harry H. Albritton of Irons & Irons P.A. fights for accident victims in Greensboro, N.C. to help them seek reparation for medical bills, lost wages, and the pain and suffering they have endured. Attorney Albritton, along with his team, can help you get justice for your accident so you can move into the future with financial security.
Personal Injury Law in North Carolina
Personal injury is a specialized area of the law in North Carolina. If you have been in an accident resulting in serious injury that was due to someone else’s actions or negligence, you can bring a personal injury claim against the party who was at fault in order to obtain monetary compensation.
In order for you to win a personal injury claim, these three criteria must all be met:
- Duty of Care - The Duty of Care means that the defendant has a responsibility to act in a way that would have prevented an injury or accident. Examples of Duty of Care are:
- A proprietor of an establishment should provide a safe environment.
- All drivers of vehicles should follow safe driving practices.
- Healthcare providers should practice the highest level of medical care with all patients.
- Breach of Duty - Breach of Duty means that the defendant acted in a way that was negligent or reckless, failing in their Duty of Care. Examples of Breach of Duty are:
- A proprietor of an establishment has a loose rug and fails to secure it.
- A driver of a vehicle is distracted by their cell phone.
- A healthcare provider fails to practice the highest level of medical care.
- Cause of Injury - Cause of Injury means that the plaintiff’s injury was caused by the defendant’s breach of duty. Examples of Cause of Injury are:
- The loose rug in an establishment causes someone to trip and fall.
- A driver causes an accident due to being distracted by a cell phone.
- A healthcare provider causes an injury by not using the highest standard of care for a patient.
In addition to the three criteria that must be met to win a personal injury case, North Carolina follows the doctrine of Contributory Negligence as well. Contributory negligence means that the plaintiff must have had no fault or responsibility related to the accident; the accident must have occurred entirely from the defendant being negligent.
For example, let’s say that the defendant was speeding and hit the plaintiff who was walking. The fault would be primarily on the defendant if the plaintiff was doing everything right such as walking with the light or walking in a crosswalk.. But, if the plaintiff was not walking at the crosswalk or was walking against the light, a jury may find the plaintiff to be partially at fault and therefore not award damages. Many times, insurance companies and their attorneys will attempt to show that the plaintiff was at fault in some way to avoid paying damages.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Represent You After Injury
We represent clients who have these injuries due to accidents:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Neck injuries
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Chronic pain
- Paralysis and loss of mobility
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Many times, injuries like whiplash and spinal cord injuries go undiagnosed for a period of time after the accident and have long-term effects. This makes it imperative that you get medical attention as soon as possible after an automobile accident or a fall to determine injuries and severity.
We Represent Personal Injury Clients for All Types of Cases
Our personal injury law firm represents clients in the following types of cases:
- Automobile accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Slip and fall accidents (where the premises is liable)
- Medical malpractice
- Dental malpractice
- Pharmaceutical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Why You Should Work with a Personal Injury Lawyer You Trust
Benefits of Working with Irons & Irons as Your Personal Injury Law Firm
A serious injury can leave you struggling with chronic pain, catastrophic medical issues, a lengthy rehabilitation, and permanent disability. In addition, you are facing medical bills that you may not be able to pay because of inability to work.
At Irons & Irons P.A., we make it our mission to fight on your behalf, starting with the first free consultation through to the completion of your case. Our 20+ years of legal experience have provided Attorney Albritton with the knowledge, skills, and resources to delve into your accident, research medical and police reports, and gain insight from experts in determining the cause and extent of your injuries and likely outcome. He can also accurately determine the worth of your case from his past experience with cases. You can feel confident that he won’t settle with an insurance company if it is not the best action for your personal injury claim.
We work side-by-side with you to fight on your behalf. Our commitment is to provide high-quality legal services, instead of having a high volume of cases. By intentionally taking fewer cases, we are able to devote personal attention to every client and ensure that your personal injury case is our highest priority.
Schedule a Complimentary Case Review with Our Greensboro Personal Injury Lawyers Today
If you have been in an accident due to someone’s negligence, rest assured that we can help. At Irons & Irons P.A., we are dedicated to fight on your behalf for the compensation you deserve so you can move into your future with security and assurance. We accept personal injury cases in Burlington, High Point, Winston-Salem, and the surrounding areas in addition to Greensboro. To learn more about our services or to schedule a free, confidential consultation, reach out to us today at 919-899-7200 or complete the easy-to-use free case review form.